Super Country 105 Keeps it Local for Southwest Arkansas
Submit an Event to the Super Country Community Calendar
• The Christian Charitable Clinic in Hope has changed some dates due to the holidays. The last day it will open this year will be December 19th. Starting in January the clinic will once again return to being open on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month..
• The Prescott Rotary Club has a “sock tree” to collect warm socks for needy children from the Prescott and Nevada schools. Socks may be dropped off at the Bank of Delight and the Bank of Prescott. Deadline to donate is December 13th. Please help the Prescott Rotary decorate the trees with clean new socks so Nevada County Children can stay warm.
• The Hope Christmas Parade will be held Monday December 9th at 6 PM. Following the parade Santa will receive Christmas wishes from children at the Chamber of Commerce office at 200 South Main
• A love fund has bbeen set-up at 1st Bank for the Paul Woodruff family. Woodruff died as the result of an accident. He was the son-in-law of Bobby Ford. Donations will be accepted at any 1st Bank location..
• The Prescott Christmas Parade and Christmas On the Square has been rescheduled for Monday December 9th at 6pm in downtwon Prescott. The parade theme is “Candy Cane Christmas”. For information phone the Prescott Chamber at 887-2101.
The Arkansas’s Southwest Assembly of the Church of God has postponed its Annual Pre-Christmas Gospel Extravaganza which was scheduled for Saturday December 7th. For info on rescheduling call Shirlene Jackson at 870-352-7877.
• HarmonyCMEChurch, Highway 32 West in Saratoga will have its Men’s Day Program on Sunday, December 8 starting at 3:00 pm. The special guests will be the Rev. Don White, Sr. and FreemanChapelCMEChurch in Ashdown. For information, dial 870-772-6769.
• Unity Baptist Church’s “Sonlighters Youth Choir” presents “Christmas This Year” Sunday December 8th at 6pm at the church. The public is invited.
• Hope Water & Light will close at 4pm Monday December 9th
• A grazing workshop and field day is set for December 10th from 9am until 3pm. The workshop will be held at the SWREC at 362 highway 174 North and the field day will be held at the Manuel Salinas farm at 750 Hempstead 55. The program is sponsored by USDA and Winrock International.
• The Hope/Hempstead County Chamber of Commere Community Coffee on Wednesday December 11th will be hosted by 1st Bank. The Coffee is set for 9:30am until 11am at the main location of 1st Bank at 3rd and Walnut. Everyone is invited.
• Open House Pete Dewoody Ins Agency Celebrating 33 years Thursday, Dec 12th , 9:30-11:30am Shelter Ins Office-100 E Walnut.
• The Hope for America Tea Party will hold its Christmas meeting Thursday December 12th at BancorpSouth downtown at 7pm. All members and guests are welcome and urged to bring something for the refreshments.
- The 20th Annual Emmet Christmas Night Parade will be held on Saturday, December 14th at 6:00 PM, sponsored by EVA-Emmet Vision Association. Those interested in participating in the parade should be at the EmmetSchool parking lot on Hazel Street between 5:15 / 5:30 pm for instructions on lineup. Sign-up forms can be printed online at www.emmetvision.org Parade will begin at 6:00 pm, continuing through many streets within the neighborhoods and ending at the Emmet Chuck Wagon located on East 1st street, by the old Bowling Ally. Parade route 2 miles. Refreshments will be served and Santa will be there to greet everyone.
- Haynes Chapel Baptist Church will hold “Musician’s Appreciation Day” Saturday December 14th at 6pm. All area churches are invited. Frankie B. Mitchell is the host pastor.
- There will be a benefit for Don Gaeto on Saturday, December 14th from 11am to 4pm at the Elks Lodge at 3712 New Boston Rd in Texarkana, Texas. Mr. Gaeto was seriously injured in a motorcycle wreck on Oct. 9 and is undergoing extensive rehab and still has a long way to go.There will be a benefit lunch, a bake sale, a raffle and live entertainment. Please come out and show your support for him and his family.
• “A Unity Chirstmas” will be presented by the Sanctuary Choir and Crosspoint at Unity Baptist Church December 14th at 6pm and December 15th at 6pm. The public is invited.
• The monthly “open mic” music program is Tuesday, December 17 starting at 6:00 p.m. at the SaratogaCommunityBuilding. It features old country, bluegrass and gospel music. There will be a potluck. For information call Archie “Chief” Phillips at 580-306-5433
• The Hope/Hempstead County Chamber of Commerce Community Coffee on Wednesday December 18th will be hosted by Lance & Associates Real Estate. The Coffee is set for 9:30am until 11am at the Lance “log cabin” office at Hervey and Avenue C.
• OkayCommunityBaptistChurch near Saratoga has special activities planned for the Christmas holidays. On Sunday, December 22 after the morning service candy and fruit sacks will be given to those in attendance, continuing a tradition started by Ideal Cement Company to their employees years ago. The church’s annual Christmas Candlelight Service and Fellowship will be at 6:00 p.m. For information call 870-388-9200.
• OkayCommunityBaptistChurch will not have services Christmas Day, December 25.
• OkayCommunityBaptistChurch will hold their annual Watchnight Service Tuesday, December 31, starting at 8:00 p.m. There will be special music and activities with light refreshments. Pastor Archie “Chief” Phillips will bring the annual message. For information call 870-388-9200.
• The Discovery Club is back at ParkMissionaryBaptistChurch in Prescott. The club meets each Sunday evening from 5pm to 6:45pm for ages 4 years thru teens. Discovery is an exciting program that includes Bible study, scripture memory, worship songs, snacks, activities, and games. There is also evening worship for those who don’t attend Discovery beginning at 5pm.
• Weight Watchers meets each Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m. on 2nd floor of the Co-op building on campus of UACCH.
• The Hope Church of Christ Preschool is now enrolling students that will be at least 3 years old by September 1st. Morning preschool with afternoon care available five days a week. Established preschool with structured curriculum including Handwriting Without Tears and Mother Goose Time. For more information call 777-4569 or visit www.SouthwestArkansasChristian.com.